CHERRY HILL ATLANTIC COVID-19 POLICY
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
In order to decrease the risk of spread during the upcoming baseball season, Cherry Hill Atlantic Little League League (“Atlantic”) has put in place preventative measures, including the following:
- Coaches and volunteers are to wear a face mask covering both their nose and mouth at all times.
- Players are to wear a face mask anytime they are not actively playing the game (e.g., when sitting on the bench).
- Spectators are asked not to use the bleachers in order to allow the teams to use them to better facilitate social distancing while their team is at bat.
- During games, teams will make their best effort to maintain six feet of distance between players on the bench, including using bleachers to extend the bench outside of the dugout while the team is at bat.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at high traffic locations throughout the Atlantic Complex.
- All spectators are required to wear a face covering over their mouth and nose when on Atlantic grounds where 6 feet distance cannot be maintained and are required when engaging with coaches, players or league officials.
- Any individual exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or who resides with an individual who is exhibiting symptoms, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the New Jersey Department of Health and/or the Camden County Department of Health, shall not be permitted to participate in any practice or game and should not be present at the Atlantic Complex.The individual should remain symptom free for 10 days before returning to the Atlantic Complex or participating in Atlantic activities.If the individual obtains a negative test, the individual may return to the Atlantic Complex and resume participation in team activities after 7 symptom free days.
- In the event that Atlantic is made aware of an individual who tests positive for COVID-19, Atlantic will make its best effort to alert individuals who may have had close contact with the individual or the individual’s family members within the 3 days prior to the positive test or the onset of symptoms.Close contact is defined as spending more than 15 minutes within 6 feet of the individual or the individual’s family members.This will likely include any team the individual has participated in as well as any opposing teams.
- In the event that a player or coach receives a positive test and has participated in team activities within the 3 days prior to the positive test or onset of symptoms, the team will cease activities for 10 days.The team will be permitted to resume activities after 10 days, with the caveat that any player or volunteer who receives a positive test or exhibits symptoms cannot participate until he or she completes the quarantine period described above.The games are designed such that opposing players should not be within 6 feet of each other for 15 minutes.As such, teams that may have competed against a team with a positive test are not going to be required to quarantine.Every effort will be made to makeup any games missed during the season, including due to a team quarantine.
- If the League becomes aware of a player traveling to a location that results in a recommended quarantine by the State of New Jersey, the League will ask that individual not to participate in team activities or be present on the Atlantic Complex until the recommended quarantine period has passed.
The League cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Atlantic activities could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19. The ability of Atlantic to conduct this season in a safe manner so that all of the players can enjoy the season is dependent on the cooperation of our parents. Please make sure to alert your coach or a league official if your child receives a positive test or develops symptoms. Every effort will be made to maintain the anonymity of your child and family.
Atlantic reserves the right to revise this policy consistent with guidelines from the CDC, NJ Department of Health and/or the Camden County Department of Health.